Designer Profile: Birnur Garland

D.O.B. 1976
PLACE: Istanbul, Turkey
CURRENTLY LIVES:
Melbourne, Australia / Istanbul, Turkey
LABEL: Kromosome
YEARS DESIGN EXPERIENCE: 9
HOW DID YOU GET INTO FASHION DESIGN: I first had exposure to the fashion industry through a modeling career in Turkey. This facilitated travel to other countries where I worked with designers. The experience inspired me to go to fashion college where I developed my skills and soon was given assistant roles to fashion designers. I worked in the Turkish fashion industry as a designer for 9 years before starting my own label, Kromosome.
WHY AUSTRALIA: My husband is Australian
FAVOURITE PLACE: Although I love the diversity of living in Melbourne, work takes me to Istanbul regularly. I also love visiting Florence in Italy, it's such a fashion inspiration.
LABEL PLUG: Kromosome is a menswear label with a european accent, it's high fashion street-wear for men aged between 25 and 35. Kromosome will be available through boutique retailers for the Australian autumn / winter.

--------
Kromosome launched in Australia at the 2007 Melbourne Preview / Fashion Exposed trade fair and you can find their collection in some of the best boutique stores across Australia. Kromosome's 2008 men's autumn / winer collection, DNA-1, is racy, fast and chic euro-urban street-wear for the style savvy man.

Where to be seen wearing Kromosome:
Saturday morning breakfasts in St Kilda;
Chapel Street bars and clubs;
Brunswick Street cafe's

Visit kromosome online at: www.kromosome.com.au

No comments: